Capital Equipment Buyer
Velcro USA Inc., the leading manufacturer of hook and loop fastening systems, is currently seeking a Capital Equipment Buyer to work in their in Manchester, NH facility. The Capital Equipment Buyer will lead our capital equipment strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinate all activities related to the procurement of complex capital equipment from project charter through delivery. The Buyer – Capital Equipment will work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify solutions that support operational requirements while reducing Total Cost of Ownership.
Essential job functions include:
- The Buyer – Capital Equipment will be responsible for indirect category management in support of the Procurement Department initiatives related to Capital Equipment (CAPEX) and Maintenance (MRO).
- Support the evaluation and selection of suppliers through market sourcing, identification of supplier capabilities, the creation of technical RFQ documents, proposal review, risk analysis, and complex commercial contract negotiation.
- Preparation and issuance of purchase orders and revisions.
- Measures and maintains supplier performance for price, delivery, and quality.
- Communicates project updates to all stakeholders.
- Coordinates the flow of technical information required for project completion.
- Analyzes sales orders and order acknowledgements against purchase order and user requests; resolves discrepancies; updates all internal databases.
- Coordinates contract milestones, production schedules, drawings, and specifications for user approval.
- Coordinates with engineering team – schedules remote inspections and/or installations.
- Resolves discrepancies to material specifications, short shipments, damaged goods, payment terms, etc.
- Maintain and report, to executive team, spend and resource commitments.
- Assists Finance team in resolving issues pertaining to category payables and in the completion of A/R documentation.
- Coordinates goods sent for repair or maintenance.
- Maintains all reports pertaining to orders: pending delivery, delivered but waiting for clearance, delivered but awaiting payment, etc.
- Maintenance of accurate warranty information for all assigned areas.
The successful candidate must have:
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Engineering
- APICS certification desirable.
- 5 years of diversified purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of purchasing experience CAPEX/MRO.
- Extensive working knowledge of Oracle ERP desired.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to sourcing and supplier development.
- Textile and/or plastic molding experience a plus.
We offer great work environment, competitive wages and flexible spending accounts. You choose the benefits that best suit your individual needs. In addition, Velcro USA Inc. offers a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Paid Time Off, holidays, employee assistance and wellness programs, and an employee referral program. Interested? To apply, please e-mail your resume/salary history attached as a WORD document to HR-Manchester@velcro.com and type your name (last name, first name, and req number) in the subject line of the e-mail. Resumes will be taken until the position is filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.