Velcro USA Inc., the leading manufacturer of hook and loop fastening systems, is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to work in their in Manchester, NH. The Accounts Payable Associate will timely process vendor invoices and payments, month-end processing, including journal entries and accruals. They will maintain a working relationship with purchasing organization, as well as bring cost savings ideas or process improvements to the attention to the Accounting Manager.
Essential job functions include:
- Process invoices for Velcro USA Inc. and Velcro Group Corporation.
- Prepare disbursements - checks and wires.
- Process manual checks.
- Prepare monthly accruals and maintain accurate expense/inventory accruals.
- Review Visa and out of pocket expenses.
- Transactional work as requested by manager.
- Provide account expense details and analysis of fluctuation.
- Analyze and adjust monthly special accruals as needed.
- Identify cost reduction improvements as noted from invoices.
- Track non-PO expenditures to ensure reasonableness as requested by management.
- Maintain excellent vendor telephone relations and support their needs as needed.
- Reconcile AP inconsistencies.
- Vendor set-ups.
- Prepare 1099's.
- Verify proper accounting of expenses.
The successful candidate must have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years general clerical work experience, preferred.
- Proficient use of PC tools.
- Ability to handle large volume of transactions.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Independent thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to self-pace learning including book, web-base and classroom participation.
We offer a great work environment, competitive wages, and Flexible Benefits Plans. Options include medical insurance with vision coverage, dental, life, disability, and flexible spending account. You choose the benefits that best suit your individual needs. In addition, Velcro USA Inc. offers a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, vacation time, holidays, employee assistance and wellness programs, and an employee referral program. EOE/AA
To apply, please e-mail your resume/salary history attached as a WORD document to
HR-Manchester@velcro.com and type your name (last name, first name, req number) in the subject line of the e-mail. Resumes will be taken until the position is filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.