Manager, Global Compensation & Benefits
Req # 2013-06
Velcro Group Corporation, the leading manufacturer of hook and loop fastening system, is currently seeking a Manager, Global Compensation and Benefits for our Boston, MA location. This position will be involved in the management and administration of global total rewards programs. The position will provide research, analysis, development and implementation of compensation and benefits programs.
Essential job functions include:
- Develops compensation and benefits plans, policies and procedures globally, ensuring alignment with enterprise compensation and benefits philosophy and principles.
- Leads design of global compensation and benefits programs; proposes program improvements as necessary.
- Oversees and performs regional compensation and benefits bench marking and researches local competitive markets to ensure the ability to attract and retain talent.
- Evaluates existing compensation and benefits packages and proposes competitive packages to acquire new talent.
- Oversees the development, documentation and implementation of job structure and design, ensuring that business needs are met.
- Develops, implement and manages annual rewards programs, including merit, benefits administration, and short and long-term incentive programs.
- Overseas the management of retirement plans globally, ensuring compliance with country laws. Routinely assess cost effectiveness and competitiveness of plans
- Provides expert advice and consulting to all geographies.
- Develops relationships with key internal and external resources, including third-parties and consulting firms to ensure results are achieved.
- Conducts due diligence relative to potential start-ups, mergers and acquisitions. Analyzes facts, identify issues, develop recommendations and completes integrations efficiently.
- Keeps apprised of country, state, and local compensation and benefits laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance. Performs routine audits by country and State.
- Compiles employee census data, including salary, bonus and other pay information to provide to third party vendors for year-end discrimination testing, match and profit share allocation and compliance with federal reporting regulations.
- Performs additional duties and special assignments upon request.
- Overseas global relocation, including plan design, policies and practice and administration
- Bachelor degree with 6-10 years of compensation and benefits experience with global organizations and global responsibilities. (CCP designation strongly preferred).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to surface problems and issues in people and business contexts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong consultative and client service skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, design and recommend programs based on the market assessment and business strategy.
- Experience overseeing and implementing all aspects of rewards programs.
- Proven technical competency with compensation and benefit plan structure and design, including tax implications.
- Proficiency with job evaluation methods & market pricing required.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to benefits administration (i.e. HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA) required.
- Must possess both a high degree of computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as a strong working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to probe sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of integrity and objectivity.
- Track record of developing models and tools to support effective business solutions. Ability to travel internationally as needed.
We offer great work environment, competitive wages and flexible spending accounts. You choose the benefits that best suit your individual needs. In addition, Velcro Group Corporation offers a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Paid Time Off, holidays, employee assistance and wellness programs, and an employee referral program. Interested? To apply, please e-mail your resume/salary history attached as a WORD document to HR-Manchester@velcro.com and type your name (Last name, First name, and Req number) in the subject line of the e-mail. Resumes will be taken until the position is filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.